Thursday, July 9, 2009

Looking forward to the lake







I am counting the days until I can get away to my little lakeside cottage or "camp" as they call them in New England. "Hilltop" is an old mail order Sears Roebuck house which was delivered by rail and put together on site. It was once used as the local one room school house. It is small but much loved and is in a special spot in NH. This lake community is just as it was in the early 1900's. Most of the camps are still just for summer living with no heat, just fireplaces. Our kitchen still has a pump at the sink. Hilltop is a place where you can completely relax-everything just fades away. I am hoping to be able to create some new art there this summer and finish some old projects. The porch is as big as the living area so I can spread out and make a wonderful mess.



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful doll - I know I have already commented on her some time ago, but she's worth commenting on twice! Your lil cottage looks amazing! lucky you!

    ReplyDelete