Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Back In The Swing


I'm back from my vacation finally and re-entry has been challenging! My day job which is too tiresome to even describe takes way too much energy away from creativity. I am still working on my latest doll which I will post some pics of shortly. In the meantime here are some pics of my antique dollhouse collection-one is from 1890 and was handed down to me on my 10th birthday-it has my name engraved on a little sterling plate on the front door. The second house is hand made and newer and houses my larger scale furniture-it's neat because it has an elevator and 2 roof gardens. I like the European style of dollhouses where the scale is mixed and there is no attempt to look like real life-I am all for fantasy! I have renovated both houses that were in tough shape, painting, papering and constructing some pieces when I either couldn't find them or couldn't afford them. You can see I'm running out of room so I am keeping an eye out for another house. I hope you enjoy the pics.




























































No comments:

Post a Comment